If you don’t know already, one thing I’m very passionate about is maintaining a healthy lifestyle. So yes, I do like to eat “clean” and I love to get inspiration from various bloggers and vloggers. Given how often I spend my time watching ‘What I Eat In A Day’ videos, I thought I’d create one myself, especially since I’ve gotten into making videos this summer.
If you want to check out the video, click on the image below.
- Cook your oats according to the instructions on the packaging (easiest way is to microwave it in a bowl with water/milk for 2-3 minutes).
- Top your oats with anything you like. I used raspberries (berries are an ideal topping for oatmeal), banana and honey. Yogurt would also be a great addition to this.
Lunch: (Serves 2)
- 300g meat (cut up into small pieces) – You can use legumes or tofu if you are a vegetarian.
- 250g pasta
- 2 carrots (cut up into small pieces)
- 3 bunches of kale (cut up into small pieces) – Any leafy greens will work.
- Salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Pour the pasta into a pot of boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, pour some oil into a pan.
- Once the oil has spread, place the meat, carrots and kale into the pan, and mix frequently until cooked.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the water so that you are just left with the pasta.
- Add the meat, carrots, kale and pasta together and mix. Season with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of dried oregano.
Dinner: (Serves 4)
Rice With Beef and Veges:
- 2 cups uncooked rice (I used brown rice)
- 500g beef
- Honey and Soy Marinade
- 3 cups frozen veges
- Chinese five spice
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the packet – I used the boiling method (takes around 35 minutes for brown rice).
- While the rice is cooking, heat a pan with oil and add the beef. Ideally, you should marinate the beef with the honey and soy marinade for at least 20 minutes before cooking. However, if you’re a bit last minute like I was, just add it to the pan while cooking the beef. I added roughly one tablespoon.
- When the beef is almost cooked, add your frozen veges to the pan.
- Once the rice is cooked, add it to the pan of beef and veges.
- Season with salt, pepper and Chinese five spice.
Those were the recipes I used. Let me know if you want a vegetarian ‘What I Eat In A Day’!