I never thought I’d be one of those people who made a bucket list, but now that I think about it, maybe I am? To be honest, the reason I wasn’t so keen on a bucket list was because I thought it was a little unrealistic to have a whole list of things you want to complete in your lifetime. However, I’ve come to realise that actually, bucket lists are a good thing to have because it’s a way in which you can set goals and think about what you want to get out of your life in this world where opportunities are endless. So here is a list of 30 things I would like to have completed, or be on my way to completing, by the time I reach the age of 30.
- Graduated university.
- Found a job which allows me to use my degree and skills I gained at university.
- Get married – I feel like this is something every girl wants before they turn 30 though.
- On my way to having kids.
- I’ve been to NSW, VIC, Tasmania and QLD, and I’d absolutely love to cover the rest of Australia. Hopefully I can go on a road trip soon!
- Visit China – This is something I really ought to do given that I am Chinese…
- Visit Palm Beach. And yes, before you ask, that is where Home and Away is filmed. So I guess that leads well into the next one on the list…
- Meet at least one person from the Home and Away cast.
- Be able to carry out basic conversations in sign language. The thing is, I started learning sign language online at the beginning of 2015, but as I got busier, I wasn’t able to continue with it which was a real shame.
- Reduce my fear of heights – I want to go bungy jumping because I feel like this could get rid of my fear of heights. However, I’ll probably be way too scared and freak out when I’m up there so that’s probably not the best way to approach it…
- Go to an international netball game. I don’t know if I’ve told you, but netball is my favourite sport. I’ve been to a couple of games where regional teams verse each other, but I would love to go to an international game. Preferably a game between NZ and Australia because that way, at least I support both teams (but NZ all the way! Haha).
- Go to America – Again, I feel like this is one that’s on most people’s list. However, I am a huge fan of Harry Potter and so I really want to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Have bought my first car – At first, I really really really wanted a beetle, but then I realised that it’s not exactly the most practical car given that it only has two doors…
- Have bought my first home.
- Eat a cronut. Now I know this isn’t a difficult thing to achieve and you’re probably surprised that I’ve never had one before, but I just don’t have a sweet tooth so I haven’t found a reason to eat one… Yet there’s so much buzz about them, hence why I feel like I should try one.
- Ride a horse. My mum claims that I rode one when I was much younger, but I don’t remember at all so I won’t count that haha.
- See snow. Again, you’re probably wondering why on earth I haven’t see snow in my life before? Well you see, I was born and raised in NZ and in the North Island, it doesn’t snow. Although there was this one time where everyone said it did snow, but it was literally just hail.
- Surprise someone – I’m quite a sentimental person and so I think this would be the cutest thing ever instead of say, getting someone an extremely luxurious present.
- Attend a musical.
- Go for a massage.
- Go to high tea – I feel like this is right up my alley because I love tea and baked goods!
- Meet a YouTuber.
- Have one day where all my meals are made up of breakfast foods. Breakfast is my favourite meal and so I wouldn’t mind having breakfast for lunch and dinner as well!
- See the ball drop at Madison Square Garden – yet another cheesy thing to do.
- Own a Christmas jumper. Yes, I am one of those people that absolutely love Christmas. The only reason I don’t have a Christmas jumper is because it’s summer during our Christmas and so it’d be far too hot to be in a jumper!
- Experience a white Christmas – this would be a good excuse to get a Christmas jumper!
- Run for charity.
- Have one day internet-less day.
- Visit at least one of the wonders of the world.
- Carry out an act of random kindness everyday for a week.
It’s safe to say that’s not a complete bucket list given that this is my list of 30 things to be completed by the time I turn 30. I’m guessing a lot of you will have similar things on there so I hope that you successfully tick things off your bucket list!